Sunday, October 01, 2006

I'll be sticking to advil from now on.

Having just had my wisdom teeth yanked forcefully from my jawbone, I'm managing the pain with some pretty heavy duty drugs. They work like a charm (a fuzzy, tingly charm that makes me feel happy-happy-happy) but they come with some pretty trippy side effects.

For example, I spent all of friday night in a Groundhog Day dream that simply would not end. For hours, I woke up from a dream in a dream, from which I would then wake up, but not really. Just in yet another dream. And so on, and so on. The fact that I remember it in such definite detail suggests to me that half of the night was spent walking around my bed in a half-conscious, drug-induced daze.

Needless to say, I now understand why percocet is a controlled drug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home