Monday, October 02, 2006

Sexism & Cricket Cookies

Spike and Not-Spike are doing well, bless their little bunny souls. Orphaned rabbit pups have a low rate of survival, but my hopes are up.

Anyway... As it so happens, I'm a high school senior. I attend an extremely religious school in the South. Recently it seems like the ever-present gender roles are being pushed even more than usual, and yet I remain unconvinced that having a penis makes one exponentially more spiritual or wise than being without. Of course, I've never had a penis, so this is all speculation, but I'm fairly certain that one can be a leader and a competent individual even if they happen to be female. Thinking that God made an entire gender just so you could have a happy helper under you is more than a little egocentric.

Today's Question of the Day is...
What is the strangest thing you've ever eaten?

For me, it's cricket cookies. Chocolate chip cookies with crickets baked into them. It was something I tried at a zoo event once, and I swear on all things holy I'll never eat one ever again. Crickets are not food.

Comment with your food.

2 Comments:

  • I have a penis, but it seems to get me into trouble when I let it do the thinking for me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:52 PM  

  • Frankly, I'm astounded that something as repressed and depraved as the Christian penis can be expected to make good judgment calls. It's not as if penises are known for thinking, especially in the long term.

    By Blogger Triptrain, at 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home