Sunday, December 24, 2006

That's the Christmas Spirit, Mommy #2

Well, I just called my dad's to ask if the boys could bring the xBox 360 over, and I got a major ass-chewing from my stepmother.

First I called my brother:

Katie (me): Hey tom, could you bring the xBox 360 tonight?
Tom: Uh... it's not Christmas yet. So... no.
Katie: Um, well, I just bought
Viva Pinata for myself and I'd really like to use the 360.
Tom: That's nice.
-click-

I was confused as to what that was all about because he's usually not that much of a bastard. So I called my stepmother:

Katie: Hey Anj, Tom just hung up on me...
Angie: Yeah. I know.
Katie: I was just wondering if I could use the 360 tonight.
Angie: Of course you can't use it. Do you have any idea who's it is?
Katie: Uh... Danny's?
(Danny is my stepbrother)
Angie: Yes, and he's not getting it until tomorrow.
Katie: You mean for Christmas? I thought they already had one.
Angie: No.
Katie: Well, that's what I thought. Sorry then.
Angie: Uh-huh.
-click-

Her voice was dripping with distaste, as it always is when I ask to use something that belongs to her son. It's really hard to pretend you aren't part of a shattered family when your stepparent treats you like the annoying kid-from-up-the-street who won't just take a hint and leave.

For the record, I wanted them to bring the 360 because I bought Tommy AND Danny a
$60 game for them to open tonight. Bah, humbug.

4 Comments:

  • Hope your Christmas got better.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:30 PM  

  • Congrats on making the most bangable blog babes list!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:17 PM  

  • So you bought a game for yourself on a console you didn't have? Way cool ...

    After reading maddog's comment, I guess I'm glad I don't post pics of myself online!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:11 PM  

  • Happy New Year there Katie. The broken family is not your fault. Do your best to stay close to your brother he is your family.

    By Blogger Pause, at 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home