Monday, October 09, 2006

I ain't got no birthin' hips nohow

I've already sort of explained my position on children. They're cute. Fun to accessorize. And their heads sometimes resemble tennis balls, which amuses me to no end. But they whine and cry and don't know what to do with their feces, and I just don't know if I will ever be able to put up with that for longer than an hour or two.

And I'm almost certain that I'm one of those women. Yes, you know the type. An infant so much as trips over a shoelace, and they recoil in overprotective horror. God forbid the little bugger scrape a knee; he'll be so well bound in gauze that he'll lose all feeling in his legs. And break a bone? Oh, nonono. I'll never let him out of the house again; my precious wittle bubble boy.

I've been reading all those infertility blogs. Women in my family manage to
get pregnant at the drop of the hat, but they suck at staying that way. My mother had eight miscarriages before successfully bringing me into this world, pathetic and tiny as I was. Ironically, she "accidentally" got laid immediately afterward and gave birth to my brother in the same year. We were each more than a month premature. I weighed a little more than five pounds.

Maybe I'll just keep cats when I get older. One or two or fifty.

8 Comments:

  • You manage to bring all my questions into perspective, Mr. Fab. How do you do it, really?

    By Blogger Triptrain, at 4:24 PM  

  • Hehe...I think being a mother is one of the hardest things to accomplish, and being a good one even more.

    But I think the kind of love from a mother to her child and from the child to the mother, is something worth trying. =)

    xoxo
    Gaby

    By Blogger Gabriela, at 6:04 PM  

  • I often tell my kids I'm going to trade them in for a couple more dogs. Dogs rule.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 PM  

  • Oh you say this now sympho, but what will you say when your clock starts ticking. ;)

    By Blogger Pause, at 7:01 AM  

  • Hee hee...some of us have a few kids and still don't know what to do with their feces. Flush them! (The feces, not the kids.)

    My advise on having kids: if you can't stand the infantile stage, go for adopting an older child or two. No diapers and less whining and crying.

    Came over by way of A Green Earth. Cat's Cradle Creations

    By Blogger Melissa H., at 10:10 AM  

  • It's great to put it out there and work your way through it. Maybe you will and maybe you won't but the choice is yours.

    Or Melissa's suggestion works. Or as in my case ... grandparents and aunts rock!

    *bonus of being the youngest of six.

    See now ... you just made me realize another bonus of being the youngest. At 41 ... they're starting to become a little scarce, especially since I ended up with the elder care duties... but that's another story. And to think I only stopped by to say thanks for renting my blog... LOL

    By Blogger D.S. White, at 12:49 PM  

  • I like children - I have a lot of time for them but they have to be potty trained and also, at the first sign of poo, vomit or tears, I need to be able to hand them back to their parents!

    By Blogger weenie, at 3:32 PM  

  • Don't be the cat lady, please. I'm sure your better than that.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home