Friday, October 06, 2006

My very first tenant! She's like a sister to me.

I'd like to introduce all of my groovy peeps at the Cult to Gaby at Forever 17. In recent weeks I've realized that teenagers who are capable of writing coherently are a rare and precious breed; this girl is a diamond in the rough, if I may say so.

She lives in Mexico, she's seventeen, and her favorite carebear is Bedtime Bear. I have reason to believe that she's considerably more sane than the freaks I get around my blog, so you all will have to make a conscious effort not to scare her away. Best of all, she wants to be a doctor, which means if I get on her good side I can get all kinds of cheap Mexican drugs.

Joking.
Kind of.

Anyway, she writes on a very personal level and I'm sure we can all relate. If you're one of those ancient elderly people, it might just take you back to back in the day. If it does, please don't blog about it. We don't care about what you did in the day, how you walked five miles in the driving snow to get to school in the day, how young whippersnappers knew how to respect their elders in the day. You know what? Just die already.

No, I don't mean that. And this is supposed to be about
Gaby. Sigh.

9 Comments:

  • I am ancient and in my day I certainly didn't walk miles to school, generally we used to live near our schools and cycle there :)

    Thanks for the visit, great to hear you are trying to go Vegan. Funnily enough I was a terrible cook when I ate meat but now I find meals fun and easy to make.

    By Blogger Jackie, at 2:18 AM  

  • Bah, "old" is a state of mind, I say! You're practically a child. ;)

    By Blogger Triptrain, at 3:02 AM  

  • I haven't noticed any freaks on this blog. Oh, I get it. You are saying that I'm a freak. I see how you are.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:54 AM  

  • I overreacted. You're right. Nobody's a freak.

    :)

    By Blogger Triptrain, at 11:47 AM  

  • Back in the day people had more respect for their elders!

    Just joking.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:21 PM  

  • Hi!

    Thanks for the introduction, and for commenting on my blog. I like you're writing style, it's funny and creative. Especially the last part. "You know what? Just die already" I might change my official motto to that.

    The Gabby VS Gaby, is a common situation, here in Mexico is Gaby, but in America is Gabby. Right?

    About the Mexican drugs, anytime, just tell me. LOL =)

    XoXo
    Gaby

    By Blogger Gabriela, at 5:50 PM  

  • Yep. It's usually Gabby in the states. But I like out-of-the-ordinarily spellings and I like Gaby!

    Good, good. This brings us ever so much closer to establishing the bloggers' international drug-smuggling ring. Let us celebrate with a hit of morphine and a litter of kittens. :)

    By Blogger Triptrain, at 6:21 PM  

  • No, no, no. I'm not a freak. Mr Fabulous certainly is though. That guy does things that I can't even talk about here. Disgusting, freaky things. I just don't know what the hell is wrong with that guy. He needs better meds.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:24 PM  

  • Old is a state of mind, and Gaby is interesting to read.

    By Blogger Pause, at 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home